Wikisnips of the day.
The Situationist movement culminated in the French protests of May, 1968. "Some philosophers and historians have argued that the rebellion was the single most important revolutionary event of the Twentieth Century because of the fact that it wasn't participated in by a lone demographic, such as workers or racial minorities, but was rather a purely popular uprising, superseding ethnic, cultural, age and class boundaries."
It also produced some incredibly kick-ass graffiti.
- Boredom is counterrevolutionary.
- Please leave the Communist Party as clean on leaving it as you would like to find it on entering.
- I am a Groucho Marxist.
- Meanwhile everyone wants to breathe and nobody can and many say, "We will breathe later." And most of them don't die because they are already dead.
- Run, comrade, the old world is behind you!
- Art is dead, don‘t consume its corpse.
- Arise, ye wretched of the university.
- If God existed it would be necessary to abolish him.
- SEX: It‘s okay, says Mao, as long as you don‘t do it too often.
- Comrades, people are making love in the Poli Sci classrooms, not only in the fields.